Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ipad 1:1 Schools

Are there any 1:1 ipad schools? Are there any 1:1 ipad schools receiving grants to fund implementation? Are there any 1:1 ipad schools where implementation is significantly increasing student learning?

I am equally intrigued as I am skeptical. You see, I spent time as a teacher in a school in Nevada where a 1:1 MacBook initiative was rolled out to the Freshman class my last year there. I taught Computer Science and knew the initiative would immediately create new,  unique, and exciting learning opportunities for this group of students. Do ipads do the same? Do they do it bettet?

I am more than happy to do some work and tech training with a teacher on a trial basis, but I have no idea where to start. Besides asking my principal to shell out $15k to supply a classroom with ipads, do I have other options at the state or federal level? Or even private grants? What about Perkins? As you can see, I have lots of questions and few answers on this topic. Anybody have advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment